Saturday, March 13, 2010

From Montreal With Love: A Gourmet Toronto Homecoming

Today I embark on a new adventure. I'm headed back to Toronto after an almost two-year absence. To mark the return I'm bring 4 cups of duck fat and a bottle of Été Indien port-like Quebec dessert wine. The plan is to make one glorious meal combining Quebec products and recipes with Ontario wine, meat and vegetables. I'm trying to bridge the culinary gap.

Here's the break-down of the meal. I also have 4 reviews planned, and you can check those out at my other blog. It will be one heck of a trip if I actually get all of this done...


Gourmet French-style Dinner Party for family in Toronto

(recipes selected from Quebecoise chef and culinary icon Josée di Stasio's "A la di Stasio")

St. Lawrence Market Black Olive Tapenade
with Ace Bakery baguette and raw fennel

Artichokes a la Provencale
with Nouilly Prat

Duck Confit
with Chateau des Charmes Pinot Noir

Macerated Grapes
soaked in Été Indien from Vignoble La Roche des Brises.

Wish me luck! I get on a train in 2 hours with my alcohol and duck fat. I feel more French than I've ever felt in my life...

0 comments: