Saturday, September 11, 2010

Yellow Watermelon Bliss Massage

Don’t:
1.     Cart a watermelon home in a bag over your shoulder
2.     Cart a cantaloupe home in another bag over your other shoulder
3.     Cart lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers home in another bag in a sack over both shoulders...

…And think that your back is going to be okay. It won’t be okay.

In effect, this was the most expensive watermelon I ever caved and bought. the watermelon itself cost $5, a relative steal for organic fruit, but my back was shot for a week. I think I burst some blood vessels judging by the red splotches on my shoulders, and the cantaloupe wasn’t even very good. 

But the watermelon was incredible. There were even black seeds like all watermelon used to have! It as basically an heirloom watermelon. That’s what I dreamed about (the sweet flavour, not the seeds) while I was getting my first massage in a year.

Bliss Studio is a massage and yoga studio on St-Laurent south of Mont-Royal. I’ve had maybe four massages there. Really, the best thing about it the studio offers standard therapeutic massages, but they also offer shiatsu, reflexology, reiki, Thai yoga massage, hot stone massage, four-hand therapeutic massage, etc. They have a legion of practitioners that come in on different days and even if you call last minute you usually have a choice of massage type or massage therapist. I’ve had some hits and some misses here, but this time I knew I just wanted someone to beat the heck out of my back. So shiatsu it was.

Really it’s nice just walking into Bliss Studio. There’s a wonderful feeling of calm. Way too much money later you should feel relaxed and bruised. Next time I will not buy a watermelon without bringing my granny grocery cart. The massage was long enough to allow me to come to this conclusion. As wonderful as it was, this will not be a regular event.Yellow watermelon will, however, hopefully be a regular part of my life.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Massages and watermelon LOVE it ! ❤ my two favorite things ever ! Who doesn't want And need massages ?! I can't live without them. 😁

Mr R Gore said...

Desert Rose has been a leader in Warsaw nude, erotic, adult massage scene., With two upscale locations right in the hart of Warsaw and within walking distance from all major hotels.

Four Hands Massage in Toronto

Mr R Gore said...

Desert Rose has been a leader in Warsaw nude, erotic, adult massage scene., With two upscale locations right in the hart of Warsaw and within walking distance from all major hotels. Desert Rose specializes in Nuru, Tantra, Yoni, Body to Body and 4 hands erotic massage.

nuru massage