Sunday, February 7, 2010

I fixed the potato salad!

On my last chance, I added another 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder and another tsp. of dijon mustard. It made everything better. On the downside, I have about a tbsp of kozlik's dijon left and no way to sample my next dijon mini-investment until I get back to Toronto, whenever that is. I may have to choose from the smaller selection at La Vieille Europe and cross my fingers. It's just not the same as St. Lawrence Market. Maybe I'm just nostalgic after talking with another Torontonian yesterday about the differences between Montreal's Jean-Talon and Toronto's St. Lawrence. Oh I miss it.

On the upside, I found Sizchuan Peppercorns at a little shop in Plaza St-Hubert today and hope to make my first recipe from Beyond the Great Wall soon: Sizchuan Chili Paste. More dried chili adventures.

0 comments: