Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Follow Me at Midnight Poutine!

It's true, I don't usually eat poutine, what with the cheese and beef-based sauce...but I do love this website: http://www.midnightpoutine.ca and now I'm writing for it.

It encompasses all things Montreal, including live music, art, film, news, and my favourite podcast. Now it'll have a whole lot more about Montreal food. I've started writing weekly food columns for them, and my first is up now. The plan is to do a comparison piece ("Montreal *insert type of food here* Throwdown", ex. "Montreal Soup Throwdown: Soupesoup vs. Soupe Café") one week, then a straight up restaurant review the next, followed by a third week of a cooking post incorporating a local product or store. So the reviews will rotate on a three-week cycle.

Basically, if you like my blogging here, you'll hopefully like my posts there, so check it out. Please leave comments because it looks great when the editors know there are people actually reading their site. If you hate the column, you maybe don't have to mention that...constructive criticism? Oh, and please suggest restaurants to review...keeping in mind that I don't get payed for this, so Toqué is out of the question for now. But if you REALLY are dying for a review of a place I'd be more than happy to go, just find me some funding. Canada Council??? It's culture...

Wait, they're chopping all those programs. I'm sure Quebec Minister of Culture, Christine St-Pierre, would like Toqué. We'd have a great time. I bet she's charming. Now how do you write that in an email to her without sounding creepy? The girl has to eat, doesn't she?

0 comments: